Homologation Certificates will be canceled automatically after 180 days of suspension.
The cancellation will also occur with the new certificates registered, if the maintenance date is not renewed in up to 180 days.
We inform customers that with the implementation of the New System of Certification and Homologation – Mosaic, Anatel started to control the suspended certificates in an automated way. Thus, all products that have their homologation certificates suspended for more than 180 days will be automatically canceled by the Agency.
We remind you that the cancellation of the homologation certificate within 180 days is foreseen since 2000 in Resolution 242, the standard responsible for the general guidelines of the certification and homologation process of Anatel. However, with the implementation of the new system, the control that was performed manually by the OCDs will be carried out in an automated way by the new Certification and Homologation System – Mosaic.
The new system became effective on Feb.08th 2017, so the 180 days for cancellation will count as from that date, whose maximum term will be until 08/08/2017. Certificates suspended for more than 180 days from the migration to the new system WILL BE CANCELED. The same procedure will apply to the certificates that were initially registered in the Mosaic system if they are suspended for more than 180 days.
1. If the renewal of the suspended certificate is not carried out within 180 days, it will be canceled automatically by the Mosaic system and a new process must be submitted to Anatel, generating the need for a new homologation, in case the customer still has an interest in marketing the Product in the country. In case of need for a new approval, if the test reports are overdue (issued more than 2 years ago), the customer must carry out the complete tests again.
2. After cancellation of the process, the customer will lose the previous homologation number, making use solely of the new code to be assigned by Anatel.
1. Check which suspended certification processes must be renewed and contract the OCD to start the process.
1. Customers will receive the notice directly from Mosaic system, either stating that the Homologation Certificate is on the ideal date for renewal, that the Homologation Certificate is suspended after expiration or that the Homologation Certificate is canceled after 180 days of suspension.
2. It is important that customers keep the company’s registration updated in the Anatel database, as all notification emails will be forwarded to the contact registered on the site.
Any questions, please contact us at +55 19-3241-7580 and 19-2121-9946 or through our website clicking here.
It will be our pleasure to serve you.
Commercial Team – Master Compliance